Saturday, January 19, 2013

State of the Stash

As I've been cleaning house in a project whose code name is project equanimity, I've run into my stash, hidden under the living room couch (mostly). I would like to say neatly hidden, but every now and then the littles find it and rummage through, and yes, I have also been known to rummage and then shove everything back all higgley-piggley.

The stash reminds me that I have no earthly reason to buy more yarn. There are at least 5 or 6 projects waiting to be knit or reknit as the case may be.

But the temptations are constant. Going to Yo's doctor brings me right near my favorite yarn store. And all the lovelies I see on line when I look at other people's knitting...sigh.

In the interest of stash busting, I am posting my yarn and what I intend to do with it.

Project 1: Vest for self using leftover quince and co. Osprey? It will be the same kind of garter stitch yoke I've used for some of Yogurt's vests, with a garter stitch bottom border ( instead of a roll). To be worn under long-sleeve t - shirts.




Project 2: Navy blue v-neck for Yogurt



Project 3:Honey Cowl in the lovely grey wool. This needs re knitting. I messed up the first time, and don't know how to fix it other than rip all the way back. I might change the size too.




Project 4: The red scarf inspired by the Night Circus. Haven't picked a pattern yet.



Project 5: Socks




This is just what jumps out at me when I look. Some other random yarn may also turn itself into something of the other. There is also I sweater stuffed in a bag, which needs to be reknit, cause I don't think the size will work.

So, no need to buy yarn, right? RIGHT?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

g said...

Pretty pretty yarn!!!