Friday, January 11, 2013

State of the Blog

Been thinking about how best to use this space. I probably do this every year, thinking about how the blog fits in my life.

I looked over my old entries, and I have to say it was nice to have that sense of how things have happened.

What I noticed is that this blog has worked well as a knitting blog, but it also carries the thread of our life through it.

The two biggest years (the first and the last) in terms of postage were very craft centered years.

I like that, the crafty dialogue, so it will continue.

I've been experimenting with impressions, little bits of unstructured writing which try to convey a feeling more then explain in detail what the situation is, and I think I like that so you will see more of it too.

I love the pictures of the kids, but due to privacy concerns (theirs not mine) I think I may back off at least somewhat. That's going to be hard to do, and I will miss their pictures, but as they start getting older I don't want this space to be about them without their consent. However, I will still tell our story, sometimes obliquely, sometimes more directly as the situation fits.

I will always put thought into what I post, and what I choose to share.

I will try to improve my use of the English language, meaning I will try to spell correctly.

Also this won't be a space for selling anything. I'm just not into that ( not that I have a readership, but even if I did, I wouldn't except any kind of advertising, other the kind I am not compensated for).

Well that seems to be it. Thank you for allowing this space to just be here.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: