Friday, April 14, 2006

Signs of Spring



Well for someones birthday we made a trip out to Baltimore to see the Red Sox Nation



It was a little chilly in the shade at Candem Yards, but the air was crisp with that baseball in the spring kind of feel.





I worked on the second sock of Zinnia, I knit a red sock during the red sox game!





Seven of my players(Chadwick league) were present at the game. Including Manny being Manny. (and not getting any hits in April) Does he always have to start out so slow?



The game was fun. The Red Sox won. I got to see Manny, Loretta, Foulke, and Rodgrigo Lopez in person. And Varitek was hanging around during batting practice. I must say the Red Sox fans are perhaps a little overzealous. In that people oughta be repectful of the home town crowd. I mean you can cheer for your team, but tone it down a little when your in some one elses house, particularly if it happens to be the hapless Orioles. I mean they really surfer under the tyrannical rule of Angelos!



The sock has come a long way since the game. I am nearing the home stretch.




There are many signs of spring coming out around our house. The cherry tree in the front yard in know in glourious full bloom. And the peony by our front door has blossomed. Though it is a little shy and hides its face in the side of the house. I managed to coaxed it out for a picture.





Stay tuned as this will be a busy Easter weekend and I'm sure I will have more pictures to share.

No comments: