Friday, April 21, 2006

An IKEA Easter



Last weekend was Easter, and I hosted the family.



We decided it was about time we got actual furniture for the dining room, thus eliminating one of the two empty rooms we have.



So, Saturday it was off to IKEA to pick up Bjursta and Roger and his seven twins



We got the stuff, and had the classic IKEA moment, Will this actually fit in our car? And after some careful consideration we managed to get the table and all eight rogers into the back of the wagon. It was a good thing we didn't get ten chairs.





Well, Sunday morning first thing we put everything together. What is Easter sunday without a carpentry project? I mean Jesus was a carpenter! Actual the construction went pretty smoothly. If I couldn't get something to fit I would hand it over to my husband and he figured it out.





And then I cooked and people arrived, and sis made green beans, And this is the spread (on the new table) that we ended up with.






This picture is particularly for my brother in Tokyo. Japan might have great fish, but does it have ham? See what you miss!



And look who came to visit us, the Easter Bunny!






Sorry about the blurry face on the sis



Anyway I was exhausted after all the cooking and watching my nephew. It was great seeing everybody, and the weather was gorgeuos. Let's do it again next year! (I mean that NEXT year, not sooner, man was a tired all week.)

No comments: