Wednesday, January 25, 2006


Hippo and Snuffles have been bugging me, and telling me that it was high time for another addition of the Hippo and Snuffles Show, and that maybe they should be included this time.



So the thing about blogging is that it takes effort. And sometimes when I get busy at work, and am busy at home, it becomes really, really hard to open up the computer when I come home, and figure out something to say, much less something creative or interesting. And the blog imposes on knitting time, which becomes really precious when I get a little stressed.

As for what Hippo and Snuffles have been up to. Well, last Tuesday we went to see Hippo performing the role of Jean Valjean in Les Mis. at the National Theatre. Unfortunately for us, it was Hippo's night off. He was feeling kind of tired. However, his understudy was very good, and I was quite sappily moved to tears several times during the performance. Oh, those poor french people, they were so miserable!

Snuffles really hasn't been up to much. He's been hanging out and drinking beer as far as I can tell. (This is probably what Snuffles does best.)

As for me, I've bee getting good results at work, which makes me busy, because when things are working you try to get as much information as you can before they stop working.

I've also done some knitting. Boring Blue sweater has the bottom have and two sleeves mostly finished. I'm a bit concerned that the sleeves are too tight which I don't entirely understand, but I'm forging ahead anyhow. I think I can deal with the sweater being tight. That's what I get for using the recollection that I knit two different yarns at the same gauge stead of actually gauging.





I've also made a bunch of progress on the 390 stich/ row feather and fan scarf. I'm happy how this is turning out and sense the sweater is at the joining and I lost a knitting needle under my husbands car seat (stupid german over engineering), it is on hold until the weekend when I can thing more about what I am doing. This means the scarf has become my daily not brainer knitting which means progress.



Although not that much progress, it is 390 stiches/ row afterall!

No comments: