Sunday, January 15, 2006

Knitting Content :



Pictured above is my Noro cardigan almost completed! I have subsequently finished the neck and put on buttons, and I have to say I am very happy with the way this turned out. I wore it three times this week to show it off! As far as other things I'm working on, there is boring blue cardigan using left over yarn from a cabled pullover I made last winter. I'm using the exact same pattern I used for the Noro sweater and it should be a pretty quick project, but it's a little not interesting. These sweaters are designed with quickness in mind because I feel like I haven't been finishing any projects lately. However I am feeling not as excited about the blue sweater as I was with the Noro one. It just isn't going to be as cool!
To fight off the boredom I cast on for a feather and fan rectangular shawl (from Folk Shawls). The 390 stitch cat on is not doing a lot for me (casting on is boring). I'm also knitting a cable sock from Interweave knits Spring 2005, and am not very motivated because the stitches are coming out very uneven. When I try it on the stitches stretch a little and it looks better, but in general I'm not very happy with the superwash yarn I'm using.


This is a picture of the uneven sock hanging out next WuffleSnout. I think I'm slowing understanding how to manipulate html files... Putting this picture in was overcoming a major technical hurdle for me, although I'm basically just cutting and pasting within the html file until it magically turns out the way I want it..

No comments: