Friday, July 27, 2012

Food Waste Friday

The good: Used up slightly expired eggs, and two oldish russet potatoes for a tortilla (Yum!). Saved Bananas by making freezer banana ice cream ( Yogurt is a big fan) used most of our leftovers, including take out food.

The bad: Plums, pizza stopped liking them, and I got caught with about five on hand, and as I don't like them that much I tossed them. any suggestions for what to do with ripe plums other than eat out of hand? okra from our CSA. I'm the only one who eats the stuff, and I can only stomach so much.

there is also the steak I had to throw out, after accidentally leaving it out, do to the chaos in my kitchen sometimes when I cook. not good, but I won't chance using it.

I noticed last week I was throwing out a lot of half used baby food containers. I took this as a sign the Yogurt may be quickly growing out of eating this stuff. (he is 10 months) The reason for using the baby food was having lots of trouble managing feeding the three of us non babies. I simple didn't have the energy to make my own. but Yogurt is doing great eating door directly off our table. I've kind of decided he will be better served getting our food with its seasonings and salt, then me not feeding him table food because I am not able to prepare him his own thing. Perhpas not the optimal thing, but when is it ever optimal? does that make sense? anyway this has meant much less baby food related waste this week.

No comments: