Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Derecho

We had one crazy weekend. First the inlaws and my niece came for a visit Friday to spend the weekend (this is a rare occurance, they don't travel much). So we had a lovely inside bbq ( way too hot to eat outside, but we did cook outside). Then the storm hit right after everybody went to bed. The power actually went out seconds before the storm hit, but it was one crazy storm ( called a derecho, apparently, happens alot in the midwest). We were lucky. No house damage, but with no power, and not even needing to be told that it was going to take awhile, and the prospect of another day over a hundred degrees, we packed up quickly and got out of dodge.

So instead of spending the weekend with Nana and Pop-pop at our house, we went back to NJ and spent the weekend with them at their house and their communtiy pool, (and don't forget their AC). It was a exhausting weekend for all nonetheless, especially for my husband who logged the driving hours.

I one the otherhand got to log some knitting hours in the car. And this is where I am on my tank:

Not terribly exciting. It is a bit big, but I think it will be alright. It will be low slung, so meant to go over my hips. I am decreasing at "seams" every inch or so. Hopefully the weight of the yarn won't cause it to drap unattractively. And hopefully I have enough yarn for such a big project. We shall see.

Have a Happy Fourth! See you next week, maybe.....

4 comments:

Linda said...

I have lived in the midwest since '94 and have never heard of this d-storm until this year; and you are the 3rd person I've heard it from. Glad you are okay! I've seen a few images of the storm and ... it's really strange. lol. Unfortunately I've heard it was very dangerous as well. Take care and I look forward to seeing your finished project. :)
onwoodlandroad.blogspot.com

Obaitori said...

Glad you missed it! Take care over the week and rest up, it sounded exhausting. Lovely coloured yarn. Katie x

lac said...

Robin, if you happen to see this I got my info from a Washington Post article, probably a lot of people around here read. I have no idea wether it is accurate, or if they are just making stuff up. Their editing has gone downhill of late with budget cuts etc.

lac said...

Robin, if you happen to see this I got my info from a Washington Post article, probably a lot of people around here read. I have no idea wether it is accurate, or if they are just making stuff up. Their editing has gone downhill of late with budget cuts etc.