Sunday, October 01, 2006

Beach Trip, II



This weekend I was in Corrolla, NC to visit with my mom and dad, and Aunt Emma.



The other reason for the trip was to bring you artistic type photos of a recently finished project


And so I present to you, without any further ado....





Unfortunately, my camera had slipped into some funky mode and all my icarus photos appeared bleached. It was bright on the beach, but I've never had a problem taking pictures like this before.



The details: Icarus from IK Summer 2006 (2nd of four projects I intend to do from this issue ) by Miriam Felton. Using slighly over 100gm (2 skeins) of alpaca cloud from knitpicks in appropriately enough "Autumn". When I say slightly over, I mean I ran out of the 2nd skein on the cast-off, good thing I always buy extra. The pictures really don't do the yarn justice. It has a lot of different shades of orange and even some hints of green in it, hard to describe....





Roughly, a picture of the point






A shot of the detail on the edge



I have to say, it didn't turn out as large as a was expecting. For some reason I was exprecting it to be enormous, but I think it turned out nicely.



This leaves still one more F.O. from September to reveal... Still need to block.......



And there are some new additions to projects on the needles, to talk about. It's been a busy month for knitting. Yeah for the fall!!!!!



No comments: