Saturday, October 07, 2006

New Beginnings



So, I'm now back from all the beachy traveling about (there was also a trip to New Jersy in there, so happy Rosh Shanahnah....). And I've been blogging about all the things I finished with the traveling. So now it is time to talk about what's just beginning.



I've started three projects:



Project one: Gift Clapotis





This is a Christmas type present for someone who doesn't know of this blog. The yarn is Brooks Farms, a silk, mohair blend that a bought way back when at MDSW. Picture taken in the car on the way back home from NJ, feeling very full after two nights of feasting.



Project two: Little star sweater





Also a Christmas picture for my favorite little star. This is a design from Adorable Knits , by Zoe Mellor, knit is knitpicks Shine Sport. I've finished the back and am currently roughly half way through the star on the front. It's my first color work type item since the dreaded baby blanket that never got finished, also from this book. The stiches on the lower part of the star are a little uneven, 'cause I stranded the blue yarn behind the white, instead of doing straight intersia. I will post some pictures of it, but I can live with it, as my nephew will probably destroy it with in weeks of receiving it.



Third : Evening Star



I don't have a picture of this yet, but this one is for me. It is from my favorite issue of interweave knits Summer 2006 . I'm knitting it in knitpicks Merino Style in the color River. I really digg the color. I've been working on the bottom of this a bit this week, as I don't have to pay that much attention to it, and I'm coming down with a cold.



So that is what is going on. There was a slight problem with Marilyn once I blocked it. It just might be a little to large for my small little frame. In retrospect, it wasn't such a good design for myself. I'm not really a Marilyn type of girl. I will post a picture of it anyway, but it was a little deflating to realize that it blocked a bit larger than it knit. Also I finally blocked lotus tank, and this came out much better, i.e. the slight uneveness in the front is gone, and the lace part opened up and down a little, so it's less of a belly shirt.





No comments: