Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Beach 2006: The Knitting Update



So guess what I did while at the beach (and in the car on the way to the Beach)?





I finished something!!!!



Actually I finished two things, but I'm giving each its seperate blog entry, because it really isn't that often that I finish things



Here are the modeling shots, from the balcony at the beach house.





The Front





and The Back



It's the cover art from Interweaveknits summer 2006: Lotus Blossom Tank by Sharon Shoji, in knitpicks Shine Sport



I started it back in July when I went the the meeting. It was a rough start. I didn't think I had the gauge right. It turns out the gauge was more or less right (its hard to measure lace patterns accurately), but I thought it was way too big after doing two repeats of the lace bottom. So I ripped it out, changed needles, and then I ripped it out again and changed needles again, and then finally I ripped out and took out two pattern repeats, and adjusted down the pattern accordingly, and added extra length on the straps.



I think I made it tighter than it was designed to be, but I am pretty satisfied with the results. I probably should have made the straps a little longer, but overall it looks pretty much like its suppose to.



Next week I report on the other finished object, which is not Icarus. Icarus is almost done. I'm at the border, but apparently I can't knit lace without a chart. I feel like the stiches aren't lining up right. I need to chart it out and see what's suppose to go where. Thank goodness for safety lines

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Dang it! I'm really getting tempted to make that now. Looks beautiful.