Tuesday, March 06, 2012


Two Stitches off

Well, maybe its more like ten or so, but the title reminded off an old Fugazi song, so I couldn't really help myself (sigh, how old am I? and how far have I come?). The BSJ number two is coming along, but I messed up my stitch count somewhere along the way. I am optimistic it will turn out okay. There seems to be a little fudge room in this pattern, which is a good thing because apparently I tend to lose track real easy when it comes to rows and rows of garter stitch. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't being showing you three balls of yarn next week as my "Progress"
Next up the swatch and sketch for the fireman sweater. It will be a simple raglan with stripes under the arms as sketched. I haven't decided up two or four or asymmetric rows of grey. I'm leaning to the asymmetric, but we'll see. The button band will be picked up on the edge, in black, in garter stitch. Deciding whether it is worth the effort to try a steek so I can knit in the round. I would need to practice first..... It might be too challenging, but it would be kind of interesting.
I bought some bird's egg blue yarn for a spring sweater for me, and it came. It would seem I'm not the only one whose color choice is inspired by the season!
And last, but not least. Pizza's boy #2 with googly eyes. He's starting to draw more. They've been working with him gently at school too. Seems I worry about nothing. I need to work on that.
As always crafty on Tuesday's with Keep Clam, Craft on

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I LOVE the sketch for your fireman sweater. Please please do share when you are done.

Elisa said...

I'm looking forward to seeing that fireman's sweater and what you whip up for yourself!

Happy Whimsical Hearts said...

I'm so glad I am not alone in losing track of where I am on my knitting!