Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Baby love



Happy Valetines Day! I have to admit to having mixed feelings about Valetine's day, and our celebration of it is very low-key. We baked heart shaped sugar cookies yesterday, and flour ended up all over. Pizza likes to play and dig in the flour with the measuring cups, and I generally let him. And then he wanted to "clean" the dishes which really means he wants to play in soapy water. He was having fun, and the mess wasn't so awful. You can't expect your kitchen to stay clean if you back with a four year-old,but I fully understand why my mom never made sugar cookies with us!



There has been a whole lot of baby love going around, what with all of my younger cousin having babies this spring. So another pebble vest was finished, and for my own my very first baby suprise jacket.





First the completed pebble in knitpicks swish DK. It took 1 50 gram ball, but it was very, very close at the end. I finished it with orange buttons, and Yogurt modelled for me. I'm hoping it will still be useful although the baby is a late spring baby, so non winter months, not sure if it will be.It is cute, and an expression of crafty love. I also sewed together a ribbon/tag blanket like a made for Yogurt, but I didn't take a picture.






Second, the EZ Baby Suprise Jacket for Yogurt in sheperd's wool. The yarn is greener than it looks in these pictures. I was suprised at how quick this knit up. It took me about two weeks, and I'm a slow knitter. I messed up the stitch count at the end, so it isn't picture perfect like it should be, but you have to know what it's suppose to look like to tell, and it is still very functional.



This leaves me with nothing on the needles. I am at a pause considering what to do next. There are more baby showers coming, and existing babies who did not get something yet. And Pizza wants me to knit him a sweater..... Meanwhile I trying to make some baby pants for Paul on the sewing machine. The first real non square item I've tried to make in a long time. We shall see....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The vest is adorable! I have that pattern on my to do list! I think it will still be used over the warmer months! I put vests on over my kids' t-shirts! Or in the cooler evenings!