Friday, May 07, 2010

Truck Touch 2010!






...or The kid drives a BUS!!!!, (and a digger, and several trucks)!



Whoever thought of this as a fundraiser is a genius, or at least probably has lots of toddler boy experience. For the uninitiated, this is where a bunch of people or businesses volunteer their vehicles and let little children crawl around them, sit in the drivers seat, and blow their horns. Basically, every three year old boy's dream come true. We survived truck touch, and I've never seen the kid happier or more overstimulated.



Same weekend end, we managed Md Sheep and Wool 2010. This might be mommy's dream come true, but I'm not really doing it up right these days. I think I'd have to go sans kid and husband to do that. We did see sheep, and alpacas, and musicians, and even had sheep almost run us over. The kid especially liked the tractor ride in from the parking lot, and he liked the sheep too.

I did not buy anything, I have too many projects going or planned, and I don't want to add another, besides I didn't have much time to look for yarn.

In other news, this is our first week where Sean comes home at noon. I was a little worried about whether its the right thing for him/us, but we are starting to get into our groove, and a think it could be lots of fun. The weather has been gorgous to boot, so we've got to go out to parks, and play outside alot in the afternoon which I really like.

I'm still working on the paper. I've been going into old work most mornings, so not alot it getting done at home, but its kind of a pleasant rythmn. Morning at the lab, nap (which bytheway was a lot of work at first as the kid decided me picking him up at noon might= no nap), and then playtime. Good stuff. However, it's going to take at least another month the finish writing the thing. My boss is a bundle of nerves because of her upcoming review, and hasn't exactly been able to do very much, and we keep rearranging the figures. It is going to take forever. I just wonder when I get my red stapler!

No comments: