Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Back to the Garden





Things are still looking hopeful in our lovely little patio container garden. We've gotten to eat some strawberries, just a couple at a time, as they ripen.We augmented this with a trip to Butler's Orchard for pick your own last weekend. They were good.


The Arugula is growing and I should be able to start harvesting some leaves for salad soon. It's very peppery. I have some basil coming along, and I planted some mint, cilantro and flat leaf parsley in the actual flowerbed, and they haven't died or been eaten ....yet. I also got brave a put the bean plant, two peas, and two squash plants in the actual flower bed, and so far they are okay, although some insects have been nibbling at the peas.




And the tomatoes are great. They are starting to develop fruit. I'm so excited!!! Fresh tomatoes.




I also have three container squash. I replanted one today, and might have killed it. The stem is split. I probably should have replanted it earlier, but the squash in my big grey, ant infested pot looks great. We shall see.....


Sean's mother day project got replanted, and they are still growing. I hope they will flower again. I think they are petunias. Do petunias re-flower?



Overall we are looking nice and green and hopeful as we begin the challenge of summer.

No comments: