Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Deluge


I was beginning to think I would need to build a boat, for me, Hippo, Snuffles, Sarah, and Spencer. I mean I've seen rain before, but it came down so hard Sunday night, that it started leaking through one of our windows. The rain was running down the side of our hous like a river. It was just plain weird.



The good news is that I don't have to sweep the walk on the the side of our house. Sundays rain storm did it for me. The bad news:






It is with great sadness that I report the Basil has been done drowned. I didn't realize that my lovely basil had such an amazing root system. I guess you never appreciate these qualities in a plant until its too late. Unfortunately we had pesto last week, so I think I'll have to freeze it. I'm not sure how that will work.



The other bad side effect of the weather is that it rained so much, and so hard that the dog decided she would try to hold out until it stopped raining. Literally she would get all excited about going for a walk, and we would open the door and she would look out at the sheets of rain and turn away. You know its bad out when the dog won't go for a walk. The dog also doesn't like the muddy soagy ground so much. She was pretty miserable. But very happy this morning to see that it wasn't raining and had dried up at least a little.



I other news, I still have to sew the toe on Daffodil. After several false starts, the Jaywalkers are coming along, but I'm worried they won't get over my ankle easily. And I've started this:




This is Icarus from the Spring Interweave knits, and thus far it is much easier than the other thing I was trying to knit in this yarn. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: