Saturday, May 06, 2006

Finished and MD Sheep and Wool




First and foremost, I mere two weeks after starting operation reclaim the needles, I have my first finished object.





Hippo likes it alot. He almost didn't let me borrow it



There were some issues, mainly of the I didn't read the pattern very closely variety. Like forgot to drop the second stich when I started the decreases. I know now why the pattern tells you to only let the stiches drop a couple of ladders. 'cause if you were of the mind to rip back it would suck to have to pick up the dropped stiches




I was not of the mind to rip out my mistake. I actually cut one of the dropped stiches into place and resecured the yarn with a knot. It's not that noticable, and it's probably a good thing I'm not perfection obsessed.



I was going to wear it to MD Sheep and Wool, and it probably would have started a lot of converstations, as I over heard numerous people talking about this yarn would work great for clapotis. And indeed I got some yarn for another one (probably a gift). But it was really warm walking around the Howard county fair grounds.





It was a great day for the festival, and I saw lots of yarn and lots of sheep, and maybe even spotted a knit blogger I read (although I wasn't sure enough to say hello, and it is kind of weird in a way). I picked up some cool hand-dyed yarns and it will be hard to put them away until I make more progress on the reclaiming needles thing, but I will do it. Anyway I leave you with a picture of cool sheep.



No comments: