Friday, February 22, 2013

Skirt

Things been a little crazy round here, you know? The burst of activity that started the year, hmmmmm... It evaporated when Febuary came. It has something to do with little Yo's health related issues, which put me over an edge of worry, which somehow makes me unable to do anything. But also I don't love what I got going on the needles (knitting). And I can't seem to sew anything other than quick change trousers.

Case on point: Trouble finishing seams on my skirt: I accidentally pegged the fabric while sewing a zigzag on the seam allowance. This was easy to correct, but I also ruined a pair of pants for Pizza, and had to cut out the seam and re sew it on this skirt for doing something similar when sewing a seam allowance down.





I don't know why this keeps happening. Am I rushing too much? Does the lack of a proper ironing board cover mean I'm not really pressing things adequately? Am I just too distracted? To focused on trying to finish something and not
really being present for the process itself.

So I doubled down, used an old quilty thing as a temporary ironing board cover ( my old one up and died, whatever was holding its shape just stopped doing it ), took things a little slower, and pressed things a little better. And I was able to finish the skirt, with pockets!



It is a simple skirt made from 2 yds. of Amy butler fabric I bought over a year ago. I cut it in half. Sewed the two rectangles together. Finished the seams with zig-zag, and sewed down ( urgggg). Made a two inch deep ordinary hem. Made a casing at the top,pulled the elastic through, and there you go. (Lookie there no pattern. I can actually make something without one.) Now I need boots to wear with it!

I think a shall link this one up to the Stash busting business, at CCM, although I am a day late. So far I am sticking to the moratorium on new craft projects. And I apologize about the blurry picture, but you get a glimpse of Yo to make up for it. The only way I actually blog these bays is via iPad and iPad photos which aren't always the greatest.

No comments: