Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mistakes and Milestones

Although I did upload these pictures on Tuesday craft sharing day, I haven't gotten around to the post.

So first, the mistakes....

Do you see what's wrong with the picture? I finished up the seams attaching the pocket panels to the pants fronts, and I was feeling really confident. Then I took a look at what I did in preparation for the next step, and I saw it. At first I wasn't going to rip out the seam, but after checking to see if I had enough fabric left (I didn't) I spent several hours tediously taking out the seam. Then I fixed it.

This is where I am at. I need to finish the seams of the inner pants leg, put on the waist band, and hem. These are going to be goofy pants. I bet Pizza will like them anyway, and I've gone through the pattern once so I should be able to make a cooler pair with better fabric.

I also ripped out my blue garter stitch sweater. It was fitting to tight, so I cast on in two sizes up. No pics this week, maybe next.

Progress has been slow, because someone has been doing things like this:

Yup, that's Yogurt pushing himself under the couch, one of his new favorite hobbies. He is also getting really good at pulling himself forward on his arms to get things. And he has gotten very good at grabbing things in his hands. He's so excited about all these new things he can do, he isn't napping much, and the best naps I can get out of him are when I hold him. Luckily he is still sleeping through the night (fingers crossed for tonight, I've already gone up once while writing this). This is to say baby's making progress, I'm not. But that's okay.

No comments: