Monday, August 15, 2011








A time to finish up, and start anew






I looked at my calender this weekend. Guess what I'm 35 weeks pregnant, not 34! I'm missing a whole week now! And wow, there is a big mental difference between 34 and 35. 35 is starting to be in that range of it could happen anytime!





With that in mind last weekend I knitted the pebble vest by Nikol Lohr( pebble) and this weekend I actually finished it!






I also finished the tiny tea leaves by Melissa La Barre ( tiny tea leaves) for my niece. I had finished knitting this months ago, back when it was cold, but because of all the house selling, moving, nonsense I never had the patience to sew in the ends and get buttons. Yes it's knit in the same yarn as the vest (knitpicks Swish DK, delft heather). I like this sweater alot, and it will make a nice big girl sweater for my niece. I just hope it fits in the shoulders and sleeves. I'm worried the sleeves might be too tight.








I'm trying to squeeze some more baby knitting in, and a have a pair of socks for myself I would like to finish before baby arrival, and I think I need to come up with a nice sweater for the little guy too, because he sees me knitting all this stuff for the baby, and I don't want him to get jealous, and I want to work on my long hibernating DC blanket, and a mitre squared blanket for the baby. Hmmm... I think I have the knitters version of nesting: The stuff in the house, the nursery, that can all wait, i just feel like knitting. And there is that taggy blanket project..... maybe I need to set up my sewing area at least!






No comments: