Saturday, December 23, 2006

I had a good title for this post, but now I can't remember it



I thought I could get the sweater for my nephew done, and I was headed that way, but two things happened.



Thing One:





I am no expert or children's clothing, but something about the proportion of the arm to the body lenght looks wrong. My nephew does not have short stubby arms, (does he?)



I now dislike patterns which give row counts instead of measurements. Sure I could do the math and figure out what the measurements are suppose to be, but that would be work. The thing is I added some length to the back, which caused me to add some length to the front. I thought I added some length to the sleeve, but apparently not enough. This has caused me to pause while I rethink. I need to ask my sis to bring a long sleeve t-shirth or something so I can get an idea of what the correct sleeve length might be.



Thing Two:



Can you guess?



1 comment:

aimee said...

everyone knows that nephew of yours has a short, stumpy funnel and a short, stumpy dome. no, wait -- that's thomas the tank engine. never mind.